Mar 17, 2013, 2:36 PM EST
Heyman names the Angels, Pirates, Rays and Phillies as potential suitors. The Yankees, at this point, are not believed to have interest in Hernandez.
The 36-year-old catcher batted .217/.247/.353 with five home runs over 52 games last season for the Rockies while serving as a backup to impressive rookie Wilin Rosario. Hernandez hit .282/.341/.446 with 12 homers in 91 games with the Reds in 2011.
Hernandez is owed a $3.6 million salary in 2013. He will be a free agent after the season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)