Mar 17, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Heyman names the Angels, Pirates, Rays and Phillies as potential suitors. The Yankees, at this point, are not believed to have interest in Hernandez.
The 36-year-old catcher batted .217/.247/.353 with five home runs over 52 games last season for the Rockies while serving as a backup to impressive rookie Wilin Rosario. Hernandez hit .282/.341/.446 with 12 homers in 91 games with the Reds in 2011.
Hernandez is owed a $3.6 million salary in 2013. He will be a free agent after the season.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)