Mar 17, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Heyman names the Angels, Pirates, Rays and Phillies as potential suitors. The Yankees, at this point, are not believed to have interest in Hernandez.
The 36-year-old catcher batted .217/.247/.353 with five home runs over 52 games last season for the Rockies while serving as a backup to impressive rookie Wilin Rosario. Hernandez hit .282/.341/.446 with 12 homers in 91 games with the Reds in 2011.
Hernandez is owed a $3.6 million salary in 2013. He will be a free agent after the season.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)