Mar 17, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Heyman names the Angels, Pirates, Rays and Phillies as potential suitors. The Yankees, at this point, are not believed to have interest in Hernandez.
The 36-year-old catcher batted .217/.247/.353 with five home runs over 52 games last season for the Rockies while serving as a backup to impressive rookie Wilin Rosario. Hernandez hit .282/.341/.446 with 12 homers in 91 games with the Reds in 2011.
Hernandez is owed a $3.6 million salary in 2013. He will be a free agent after the season.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)