Mar 17, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval has played in fewer than 120 games in each of the past two seasons. With today’s news, the Giants are hoping the trend does not continue in 2013. Andrew Baggarly reports Sandoval was scratched from the Giants’ lineup an hour before their Cactus League game against the Colorado Rockies:
Sandoval did not appear to have any trouble making several strong throws across the diamond on Saturday; he also played catch Sunday with no apparent problems.
Sandoval earned World Series MVP honors last year, helping lead his Giants to their second championship in three years. In a clean sweep of the Detroit Tigers, Sandoval hit .500 with three home runs. When healthy, he is one of the best-hitting third basemen in baseball.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (83)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (76)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (73)