Mar 18, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Crosby, who hasn’t played in the majors since 2010, signed a minor-league deal in January that would have been worth $850,000 in guaranteed money and another $450,000 in incentives if he made the Opening Day roster.
Crosby is 33 years old now and has hit just .229 with a .633 OPS in 501 games as a major leaguer since 2006, including zero seasons with an OPS above .700. And he hit just .188 this spring.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (104)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)