Mar 18, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Crosby, who hasn’t played in the majors since 2010, signed a minor-league deal in January that would have been worth $850,000 in guaranteed money and another $450,000 in incentives if he made the Opening Day roster.
Crosby is 33 years old now and has hit just .229 with a .633 OPS in 501 games as a major leaguer since 2006, including zero seasons with an OPS above .700. And he hit just .188 this spring.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)