Mar 18, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Crosby, who hasn’t played in the majors since 2010, signed a minor-league deal in January that would have been worth $850,000 in guaranteed money and another $450,000 in incentives if he made the Opening Day roster.
Crosby is 33 years old now and has hit just .229 with a .633 OPS in 501 games as a major leaguer since 2006, including zero seasons with an OPS above .700. And he hit just .188 this spring.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 28
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 172
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)