Mar 18, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Indians closer Chris Perez suffered a strained shoulder on March 1. But he’s feeling much better now:
Chris Perez says his shoulder injury is 100 percent. Feels he should be ready for Opening Day barring anything unforeseen. #Indians.
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) March 18, 2013
Good news for the Indians, as Perez’ putative replacement as closer, Vinnie Pestano, has had neither a good spring training nor a good run in the World Baseball Classic.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)