Mar 18, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
No word yet from Capps, but Matsuzaka has told the team he’ll head to the minors, no doubt realizing that the Indians aren’t exactly overflowing with great rotation options and it won’t take much to get a call-up at some point.
And according to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com Matsuzaka will also get a $100,000 bonus for accepting the assignment, with the ability to opt out of his contract if he’s not in the majors by June 1.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)