Mar 18, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
No word yet from Capps, but Matsuzaka has told the team he’ll head to the minors, no doubt realizing that the Indians aren’t exactly overflowing with great rotation options and it won’t take much to get a call-up at some point.
And according to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com Matsuzaka will also get a $100,000 bonus for accepting the assignment, with the ability to opt out of his contract if he’s not in the majors by June 1.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (118)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)