Mar 18, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
No word yet from Capps, but Matsuzaka has told the team he’ll head to the minors, no doubt realizing that the Indians aren’t exactly overflowing with great rotation options and it won’t take much to get a call-up at some point.
And according to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com Matsuzaka will also get a $100,000 bonus for accepting the assignment, with the ability to opt out of his contract if he’s not in the majors by June 1.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)