Mar 18, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
No word yet from Capps, but Matsuzaka has told the team he’ll head to the minors, no doubt realizing that the Indians aren’t exactly overflowing with great rotation options and it won’t take much to get a call-up at some point.
And according to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com Matsuzaka will also get a $100,000 bonus for accepting the assignment, with the ability to opt out of his contract if he’s not in the majors by June 1.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)