Mar 18, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Team officials refuse to confirm until all plans are finalized, but a person aware of the process said that Wright would want to speak with teammates before officially accepting such an honor. Also, it has not yet been decided whether Wright will wear a “C” on his jersey, such as former Boston catcher Jason Varitek, or simply receive the title, such as Derek Jeter.
Still unclear is what the hell a Captain does on a baseball team. I mean, I think he gets to call it at the coin toss before each game. Or maybe he is the only person on the ice who gets to talk to the refs about the rules and such. But I simply do not know!
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)