Mar 18, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Team officials refuse to confirm until all plans are finalized, but a person aware of the process said that Wright would want to speak with teammates before officially accepting such an honor. Also, it has not yet been decided whether Wright will wear a “C” on his jersey, such as former Boston catcher Jason Varitek, or simply receive the title, such as Derek Jeter.
Still unclear is what the hell a Captain does on a baseball team. I mean, I think he gets to call it at the coin toss before each game. Or maybe he is the only person on the ice who gets to talk to the refs about the rules and such. But I simply do not know!
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)