Mar 18, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Team officials refuse to confirm until all plans are finalized, but a person aware of the process said that Wright would want to speak with teammates before officially accepting such an honor. Also, it has not yet been decided whether Wright will wear a “C” on his jersey, such as former Boston catcher Jason Varitek, or simply receive the title, such as Derek Jeter.
Still unclear is what the hell a Captain does on a baseball team. I mean, I think he gets to call it at the coin toss before each game. Or maybe he is the only person on the ice who gets to talk to the refs about the rules and such. But I simply do not know!
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)