Mar 18, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Skaggs started six games for the Diamondbacks in August and September last season, but he’s only 21 years old and has just nine Triple-A starts under his belt. Baseball America ranked Skaggs as a top-15 prospect this year and last year, but the Diamondbacks have good enough rotation depth that rushing the left-hander would make little sense.
Last season between Double-A and Triple-A he threw 122 innings with a 2.87 ERA and 116/37 K/BB ratio, but Skaggs allowed 20 runs in 29 innings during his first taste of the majors and struggled this spring.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)