Mar 18, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Skaggs started six games for the Diamondbacks in August and September last season, but he’s only 21 years old and has just nine Triple-A starts under his belt. Baseball America ranked Skaggs as a top-15 prospect this year and last year, but the Diamondbacks have good enough rotation depth that rushing the left-hander would make little sense.
Last season between Double-A and Triple-A he threw 122 innings with a 2.87 ERA and 116/37 K/BB ratio, but Skaggs allowed 20 runs in 29 innings during his first taste of the majors and struggled this spring.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)