Mar 18, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Skaggs started six games for the Diamondbacks in August and September last season, but he’s only 21 years old and has just nine Triple-A starts under his belt. Baseball America ranked Skaggs as a top-15 prospect this year and last year, but the Diamondbacks have good enough rotation depth that rushing the left-hander would make little sense.
Last season between Double-A and Triple-A he threw 122 innings with a 2.87 ERA and 116/37 K/BB ratio, but Skaggs allowed 20 runs in 29 innings during his first taste of the majors and struggled this spring.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 94
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 32
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)