Mar 18, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
According to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com the Indians are hoping both veterans accept assignments to the minors, which would come with $100,000 bonuses and opt-out clauses if they aren’t called up to the majors by June 1.
Matsuzaka was in the running for a rotation spot that may now go to fellow reclamation project Scott Kazmir, while Capps was competing for a middle relief gig after years as a closer.
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 0
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)