Mar 18, 2013, 9:12 AM EDT
Ryan Theriot has failed to latch on anywhere this spring. Hank Schulman hears that he’s assessing his options:
I’m hearing Ryan Theriot, who is still unsigned, is thinking of becoming an agent. #sfgiants.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) March 18, 2013
Which inspires one to wonder: what is an agent’s version of TOOTBLAN?
Anyway, if this is the end for Theriot he ends his career with a line of .281/.341/.350 and 17 homers across eight big league seasons with four teams, mostly the Cubs. Such credentials make him a strong candidate for the Hall of Guys Who We Remember Playing Some Infield at Some Point Back in the Oughts.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)