Mar 18, 2013, 9:12 AM EST
Ryan Theriot has failed to latch on anywhere this spring. Hank Schulman hears that he’s assessing his options:
I’m hearing Ryan Theriot, who is still unsigned, is thinking of becoming an agent. #sfgiants.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) March 18, 2013
Which inspires one to wonder: what is an agent’s version of TOOTBLAN?
Anyway, if this is the end for Theriot he ends his career with a line of .281/.341/.350 and 17 homers across eight big league seasons with four teams, mostly the Cubs. Such credentials make him a strong candidate for the Hall of Guys Who We Remember Playing Some Infield at Some Point Back in the Oughts.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)