Mar 18, 2013, 9:12 AM EDT
Ryan Theriot has failed to latch on anywhere this spring. Hank Schulman hears that he’s assessing his options:
I’m hearing Ryan Theriot, who is still unsigned, is thinking of becoming an agent. #sfgiants.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) March 18, 2013
Which inspires one to wonder: what is an agent’s version of TOOTBLAN?
Anyway, if this is the end for Theriot he ends his career with a line of .281/.341/.350 and 17 homers across eight big league seasons with four teams, mostly the Cubs. Such credentials make him a strong candidate for the Hall of Guys Who We Remember Playing Some Infield at Some Point Back in the Oughts.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)