Mar 18, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Initially when Scott Diamond had surgery in December to remove bone spurs from his elbow the Twins said he’d be recovered in plenty of time for the season, but setbacks followed and now the left-hander will begin the year on the disabled list.
Diamond is healthy enough to pitch in a minor-league game today and was clocked in the high-80s, but told reporters afterward that he’s aiming to make his regular season debut on April 12.
In related news it’s going to be another long season in Minnesota, but at least it’s 18 degrees and snowing heavily here on March 18.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)