Mar 18, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Initially when Scott Diamond had surgery in December to remove bone spurs from his elbow the Twins said he’d be recovered in plenty of time for the season, but setbacks followed and now the left-hander will begin the year on the disabled list.
Diamond is healthy enough to pitch in a minor-league game today and was clocked in the high-80s, but told reporters afterward that he’s aiming to make his regular season debut on April 12.
In related news it’s going to be another long season in Minnesota, but at least it’s 18 degrees and snowing heavily here on March 18.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)