Mar 18, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Initially when Scott Diamond had surgery in December to remove bone spurs from his elbow the Twins said he’d be recovered in plenty of time for the season, but setbacks followed and now the left-hander will begin the year on the disabled list.
Diamond is healthy enough to pitch in a minor-league game today and was clocked in the high-80s, but told reporters afterward that he’s aiming to make his regular season debut on April 12.
In related news it’s going to be another long season in Minnesota, but at least it’s 18 degrees and snowing heavily here on March 18.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 255
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (273)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)