Mar 18, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Initially when Scott Diamond had surgery in December to remove bone spurs from his elbow the Twins said he’d be recovered in plenty of time for the season, but setbacks followed and now the left-hander will begin the year on the disabled list.
Diamond is healthy enough to pitch in a minor-league game today and was clocked in the high-80s, but told reporters afterward that he’s aiming to make his regular season debut on April 12.
In related news it’s going to be another long season in Minnesota, but at least it’s 18 degrees and snowing heavily here on March 18.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)