Mar 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Mark Feinsand says:
Joe Girardi said Derek Jeter could be the Opening Day DH, but he’s not ruling out the idea of Jeter playing shortstop that day, either.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) March 19, 2013
Worth watching, as it may suggest that Jeter’s ankle is going to need a lot of rest this year. Which, as anyone who has had a broken bone before can attest, is entirely possible. Those things ache sometimes.
The practical implication of this: Eduardo Nunez in the lineup more often. Which, really, the much-depleted Yankees attack does not need. But you gotta keep Jeter in the lineup too, so them’s is the breaks.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (186)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)