Mar 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Mark Feinsand says:
Joe Girardi said Derek Jeter could be the Opening Day DH, but he’s not ruling out the idea of Jeter playing shortstop that day, either.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) March 19, 2013
Worth watching, as it may suggest that Jeter’s ankle is going to need a lot of rest this year. Which, as anyone who has had a broken bone before can attest, is entirely possible. Those things ache sometimes.
The practical implication of this: Eduardo Nunez in the lineup more often. Which, really, the much-depleted Yankees attack does not need. But you gotta keep Jeter in the lineup too, so them’s is the breaks.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)