Mar 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Mark Feinsand says:
Joe Girardi said Derek Jeter could be the Opening Day DH, but he’s not ruling out the idea of Jeter playing shortstop that day, either.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) March 19, 2013
Worth watching, as it may suggest that Jeter’s ankle is going to need a lot of rest this year. Which, as anyone who has had a broken bone before can attest, is entirely possible. Those things ache sometimes.
The practical implication of this: Eduardo Nunez in the lineup more often. Which, really, the much-depleted Yankees attack does not need. But you gotta keep Jeter in the lineup too, so them’s is the breaks.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 26
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 60
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)