Mar 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Mark Feinsand says:
Joe Girardi said Derek Jeter could be the Opening Day DH, but he’s not ruling out the idea of Jeter playing shortstop that day, either.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) March 19, 2013
Worth watching, as it may suggest that Jeter’s ankle is going to need a lot of rest this year. Which, as anyone who has had a broken bone before can attest, is entirely possible. Those things ache sometimes.
The practical implication of this: Eduardo Nunez in the lineup more often. Which, really, the much-depleted Yankees attack does not need. But you gotta keep Jeter in the lineup too, so them’s is the breaks.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)