Mar 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Mark Feinsand says:
Joe Girardi said Derek Jeter could be the Opening Day DH, but he’s not ruling out the idea of Jeter playing shortstop that day, either.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) March 19, 2013
Worth watching, as it may suggest that Jeter’s ankle is going to need a lot of rest this year. Which, as anyone who has had a broken bone before can attest, is entirely possible. Those things ache sometimes.
The practical implication of this: Eduardo Nunez in the lineup more often. Which, really, the much-depleted Yankees attack does not need. But you gotta keep Jeter in the lineup too, so them’s is the breaks.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 4
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)