Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tonight the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico face off for the World Baseball Classic championship and not surprisingly the Dominican Republic is a pretty heavy favorite.
The exact gambling odds vary a little bit depending on where you’re trying to place bets, but the Dominican Republic is around a -270 favorite. That means you’d need to bet $270 on the Dominican Republic to win $100. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 73 percent of the time.
On the flip side Puerto Rico is a +250 underdog, which means a $100 bet would win $250. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 29 percent of the time.
If nothing else the game will be worth watching because I can assure you it’ll be the last time a team starting Samuel Deduno is ever a huge favorite in anything.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)