Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tonight the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico face off for the World Baseball Classic championship and not surprisingly the Dominican Republic is a pretty heavy favorite.
The exact gambling odds vary a little bit depending on where you’re trying to place bets, but the Dominican Republic is around a -270 favorite. That means you’d need to bet $270 on the Dominican Republic to win $100. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 73 percent of the time.
On the flip side Puerto Rico is a +250 underdog, which means a $100 bet would win $250. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 29 percent of the time.
If nothing else the game will be worth watching because I can assure you it’ll be the last time a team starting Samuel Deduno is ever a huge favorite in anything.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)