Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tonight the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico face off for the World Baseball Classic championship and not surprisingly the Dominican Republic is a pretty heavy favorite.
The exact gambling odds vary a little bit depending on where you’re trying to place bets, but the Dominican Republic is around a -270 favorite. That means you’d need to bet $270 on the Dominican Republic to win $100. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 73 percent of the time.
On the flip side Puerto Rico is a +250 underdog, which means a $100 bet would win $250. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 29 percent of the time.
If nothing else the game will be worth watching because I can assure you it’ll be the last time a team starting Samuel Deduno is ever a huge favorite in anything.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)