Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tonight the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico face off for the World Baseball Classic championship and not surprisingly the Dominican Republic is a pretty heavy favorite.
The exact gambling odds vary a little bit depending on where you’re trying to place bets, but the Dominican Republic is around a -270 favorite. That means you’d need to bet $270 on the Dominican Republic to win $100. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 73 percent of the time.
On the flip side Puerto Rico is a +250 underdog, which means a $100 bet would win $250. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 29 percent of the time.
If nothing else the game will be worth watching because I can assure you it’ll be the last time a team starting Samuel Deduno is ever a huge favorite in anything.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)