Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Tonight the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico face off for the World Baseball Classic championship and not surprisingly the Dominican Republic is a pretty heavy favorite.
The exact gambling odds vary a little bit depending on where you’re trying to place bets, but the Dominican Republic is around a -270 favorite. That means you’d need to bet $270 on the Dominican Republic to win $100. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 73 percent of the time.
On the flip side Puerto Rico is a +250 underdog, which means a $100 bet would win $250. For that bet to be successful they’d have to win at least 29 percent of the time.
If nothing else the game will be worth watching because I can assure you it’ll be the last time a team starting Samuel Deduno is ever a huge favorite in anything.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)