Mar 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
My first thought when I saw that Hank Aaron has joined Twitter: cool!
My second thought when I saw that Hank Aaron has joined Twitter: Um, why?
I dunno. It’s neat. But my dad asks me if he should join Twitter sometimes and I tell him I honestly can’t see the need. Same with Aaron. I’m sure he has people who can get his message out for him. And I’m sure he doesn’t want to sit up all night and retweet poop jokes.
I guess the real answer is to claim the space and/or to fend off hoaxes, fake death announcements and the like, all of which have happened with respect to Aaron in recent weeks. Still: kinda weird.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)