Mar 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
My first thought when I saw that Hank Aaron has joined Twitter: cool!
My second thought when I saw that Hank Aaron has joined Twitter: Um, why?
I dunno. It’s neat. But my dad asks me if he should join Twitter sometimes and I tell him I honestly can’t see the need. Same with Aaron. I’m sure he has people who can get his message out for him. And I’m sure he doesn’t want to sit up all night and retweet poop jokes.
I guess the real answer is to claim the space and/or to fend off hoaxes, fake death announcements and the like, all of which have happened with respect to Aaron in recent weeks. Still: kinda weird.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)