Mar 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
My first thought when I saw that Hank Aaron has joined Twitter: cool!
My second thought when I saw that Hank Aaron has joined Twitter: Um, why?
I dunno. It’s neat. But my dad asks me if he should join Twitter sometimes and I tell him I honestly can’t see the need. Same with Aaron. I’m sure he has people who can get his message out for him. And I’m sure he doesn’t want to sit up all night and retweet poop jokes.
I guess the real answer is to claim the space and/or to fend off hoaxes, fake death announcements and the like, all of which have happened with respect to Aaron in recent weeks. Still: kinda weird.
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 8
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 11
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)