Mar 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
My first thought when I saw that Hank Aaron has joined Twitter: cool!
My second thought when I saw that Hank Aaron has joined Twitter: Um, why?
I dunno. It’s neat. But my dad asks me if he should join Twitter sometimes and I tell him I honestly can’t see the need. Same with Aaron. I’m sure he has people who can get his message out for him. And I’m sure he doesn’t want to sit up all night and retweet poop jokes.
I guess the real answer is to claim the space and/or to fend off hoaxes, fake death announcements and the like, all of which have happened with respect to Aaron in recent weeks. Still: kinda weird.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 63
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)