Mar 19, 2013, 5:41 PM EST
Yesterday we linked to Cardinals manager Mike Matheny’s blog, which is focused on bringing sanity to youth sports. Today there is a story in the Globe and Mail about former Cardinal and current Blue Jay, Colby Rasmus. Something tells me that Matheny and Rasmus’ old man would not have gotten along:
The son of Tony, a hard-driving baseball coach, Rasmus talks about his father asking him as a 10-year-old if he wanted to make the big leagues, about being forced to drink protein shakes, about getting a “whuppin’” if he poured them out.
Not that anyone else gets along with Rasmus’ dad, but that’s probably another topic.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)