Mar 19, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
Yesterday we linked to Cardinals manager Mike Matheny’s blog, which is focused on bringing sanity to youth sports. Today there is a story in the Globe and Mail about former Cardinal and current Blue Jay, Colby Rasmus. Something tells me that Matheny and Rasmus’ old man would not have gotten along:
The son of Tony, a hard-driving baseball coach, Rasmus talks about his father asking him as a 10-year-old if he wanted to make the big leagues, about being forced to drink protein shakes, about getting a “whuppin’” if he poured them out.
Not that anyone else gets along with Rasmus’ dad, but that’s probably another topic.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 56
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15