Mar 19, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Ryan Madson‘s comeback from Tommy John surgery was shut down for six weeks due to elbow soreness early in Angels camp and now, after finally doing some throwing again, he’s been shut down for a second time.
Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that Madson hasn’t thrown off a mound since Thursday, although manager Mike Scioscia called it “the normal progression of the final stages of rehab.”
Madson was unlikely to be ready for Opening Day even if he avoided another setback, but now that’s completely out the window and the Angels are looking at Ernesto Frieri as their closer for a while.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)