Mar 19, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Scott Baker was sent for an MRI exam after experiencing elbow soreness during his ugly spring training debut yesterday and now the Cubs have shut his comeback from Tommy John surgery down.
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the Cubs are “suspending Baker’s throwing program” and he’s scheduled to be examined further by the team doctor. For now he’s been diagnosed with elbow inflammation.
In other words … not good. Baker missed all of last season after undergoing surgery late in spring training and signed a one-year, $5.5 million contract that also includes up to $1.5 million in incentives.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 82
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (80)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)