Mar 19, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Scott Baker was sent for an MRI exam after experiencing elbow soreness during his ugly spring training debut yesterday and now the Cubs have shut his comeback from Tommy John surgery down.
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the Cubs are “suspending Baker’s throwing program” and he’s scheduled to be examined further by the team doctor. For now he’s been diagnosed with elbow inflammation.
In other words … not good. Baker missed all of last season after undergoing surgery late in spring training and signed a one-year, $5.5 million contract that also includes up to $1.5 million in incentives.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 35
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 43
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims