Mar 19, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Scott Baker was sent for an MRI exam after experiencing elbow soreness during his ugly spring training debut yesterday and now the Cubs have shut his comeback from Tommy John surgery down.
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the Cubs are “suspending Baker’s throwing program” and he’s scheduled to be examined further by the team doctor. For now he’s been diagnosed with elbow inflammation.
In other words … not good. Baker missed all of last season after undergoing surgery late in spring training and signed a one-year, $5.5 million contract that also includes up to $1.5 million in incentives.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 1
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 14
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)