Mar 19, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Scott Baker was sent for an MRI exam after experiencing elbow soreness during his ugly spring training debut yesterday and now the Cubs have shut his comeback from Tommy John surgery down.
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the Cubs are “suspending Baker’s throwing program” and he’s scheduled to be examined further by the team doctor. For now he’s been diagnosed with elbow inflammation.
In other words … not good. Baker missed all of last season after undergoing surgery late in spring training and signed a one-year, $5.5 million contract that also includes up to $1.5 million in incentives.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 93
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (95)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)