Mar 19, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Eric Fisher of Sports Business Journal reports that the Yankees have gotten a temporary restraining order against StubHub preventing it from opening its storefront nearby Yankee Stadium. This arising out of the lawsuit we discussed yesterday.
What this means is that, for a very short period of time, StubHub can’t open or operate its ticket-printing station. A TRO is granted without any kind of hearing or evidence beyond the sworn statement of the plaintiff, in this case the Yankees, saying that they will be irreparably harmed if the activity at issue isn’t stopped. A hearing will be held in the next few days, however, as to whether or not StubHub should be enjoined from doing so for a longer period. The TRO, in fact, could have been issued without StubHub even being present in the judges chambers.
But, yeah, it’s on.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)