Mar 19, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Eric Fisher of Sports Business Journal reports that the Yankees have gotten a temporary restraining order against StubHub preventing it from opening its storefront nearby Yankee Stadium. This arising out of the lawsuit we discussed yesterday.
What this means is that, for a very short period of time, StubHub can’t open or operate its ticket-printing station. A TRO is granted without any kind of hearing or evidence beyond the sworn statement of the plaintiff, in this case the Yankees, saying that they will be irreparably harmed if the activity at issue isn’t stopped. A hearing will be held in the next few days, however, as to whether or not StubHub should be enjoined from doing so for a longer period. The TRO, in fact, could have been issued without StubHub even being present in the judges chambers.
But, yeah, it’s on.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)