Mar 19, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The progress continues for righty Zack Greinke.
Greinke was diagnosed last week with inflammation in the back of his right (pitching) elbow. But he threw a pair of bullpen sessions this weekend and reported no lingering pain or discomfort in either workout.
The 29-year-old is currently on track to make his first regular-season start on April 5 against the Pirates.
He was originally slated to start the Dodgers’ second game of 2013 — April 2 vs. the rival Giants.
Greinke agreed to a six-year, $147 million free agent contract with Los Angeles this offseason.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11