Mar 19, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The progress continues for righty Zack Greinke.
Greinke was diagnosed last week with inflammation in the back of his right (pitching) elbow. But he threw a pair of bullpen sessions this weekend and reported no lingering pain or discomfort in either workout.
The 29-year-old is currently on track to make his first regular-season start on April 5 against the Pirates.
He was originally slated to start the Dodgers’ second game of 2013 — April 2 vs. the rival Giants.
Greinke agreed to a six-year, $147 million free agent contract with Los Angeles this offseason.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1