Mar 19, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The progress continues for righty Zack Greinke.
Greinke was diagnosed last week with inflammation in the back of his right (pitching) elbow. But he threw a pair of bullpen sessions this weekend and reported no lingering pain or discomfort in either workout.
The 29-year-old is currently on track to make his first regular-season start on April 5 against the Pirates.
He was originally slated to start the Dodgers’ second game of 2013 — April 2 vs. the rival Giants.
Greinke agreed to a six-year, $147 million free agent contract with Los Angeles this offseason.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 63
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)