Mar 19, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The progress continues for righty Zack Greinke.
Greinke was diagnosed last week with inflammation in the back of his right (pitching) elbow. But he threw a pair of bullpen sessions this weekend and reported no lingering pain or discomfort in either workout.
The 29-year-old is currently on track to make his first regular-season start on April 5 against the Pirates.
He was originally slated to start the Dodgers’ second game of 2013 — April 2 vs. the rival Giants.
Greinke agreed to a six-year, $147 million free agent contract with Los Angeles this offseason.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)