Mar 19, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The progress continues for righty Zack Greinke.
Greinke was diagnosed last week with inflammation in the back of his right (pitching) elbow. But he threw a pair of bullpen sessions this weekend and reported no lingering pain or discomfort in either workout.
The 29-year-old is currently on track to make his first regular-season start on April 5 against the Pirates.
He was originally slated to start the Dodgers’ second game of 2013 — April 2 vs. the rival Giants.
Greinke agreed to a six-year, $147 million free agent contract with Los Angeles this offseason.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)