Mar 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
d’Arnaud was in the mix for a bench job in Pittsburgh after spending most of the past two seasons at Triple-A hitting .257 with a .712 OPS in 157 games.
d’Arnaud, whose brother Travis d’Arnaud is a top catching prospect with the Mets, suffered the thumb injury during a baserunning drill earlier this month.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)