Mar 20, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT
That’s quoted from Andrew Marchand’s column taking issue with Cowherd. Who, by the way, is also paid by ESPN, so it’s a rare and interesting case of ESPN-on-ESPN criticism. In this case completely warranted.
Cano plays 160 games a year. When he was younger I seem to remember an instance in which Joe Torre benched him for dogging it once, but I can’t recall a single instance since then. The guy plays hard. The guy plays well. To suggest otherwise like Cowherd is here is indicative of some combination of baseball ignorance, a misunderstanding of the differences between the WBC and major league baseball and/or casual racism, the kind of which always seems to find black or Latin players to be slackers at some point or another.
But then again, it’s Colin Cowherd we’re talking about here, so whatever it is, it’s calculated to get people talking about Colin Cowherd. In which case, well played, dude. As if that sort of thing is supposed to justify your stupidity.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 12
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 4
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 49
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 39
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)