Mar 20, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT
That’s quoted from Andrew Marchand’s column taking issue with Cowherd. Who, by the way, is also paid by ESPN, so it’s a rare and interesting case of ESPN-on-ESPN criticism. In this case completely warranted.
Cano plays 160 games a year. When he was younger I seem to remember an instance in which Joe Torre benched him for dogging it once, but I can’t recall a single instance since then. The guy plays hard. The guy plays well. To suggest otherwise like Cowherd is here is indicative of some combination of baseball ignorance, a misunderstanding of the differences between the WBC and major league baseball and/or casual racism, the kind of which always seems to find black or Latin players to be slackers at some point or another.
But then again, it’s Colin Cowherd we’re talking about here, so whatever it is, it’s calculated to get people talking about Colin Cowherd. In which case, well played, dude. As if that sort of thing is supposed to justify your stupidity.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 0
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 84
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)