Mar 20, 2013, 9:26 AM EDT
Dominican Republic third baseman — and Dodgers shortstop — Hanley Ramirez left in the sixth inning of last night’s WBC final after jamming his thumb while diving for a ball three innings earlier. Later reports indicated that it’s not serious, but he will be examined by Dodgers doctors when he returns to major league camp today.
The Dodgers have to hope that even if it’s minor that it doesn’t cause Ramirez to miss time. As noted yesterday, it’s already been weeks since he’s played any shortstop, and if he’s expected to be the Dodgers’ Opening Day shortstop, he’s gonna need some reps.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 2
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)