Mar 20, 2013, 9:26 AM EDT
Dominican Republic third baseman — and Dodgers shortstop — Hanley Ramirez left in the sixth inning of last night’s WBC final after jamming his thumb while diving for a ball three innings earlier. Later reports indicated that it’s not serious, but he will be examined by Dodgers doctors when he returns to major league camp today.
The Dodgers have to hope that even if it’s minor that it doesn’t cause Ramirez to miss time. As noted yesterday, it’s already been weeks since he’s played any shortstop, and if he’s expected to be the Dodgers’ Opening Day shortstop, he’s gonna need some reps.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)