Mar 20, 2013, 9:26 AM EDT
Dominican Republic third baseman — and Dodgers shortstop — Hanley Ramirez left in the sixth inning of last night’s WBC final after jamming his thumb while diving for a ball three innings earlier. Later reports indicated that it’s not serious, but he will be examined by Dodgers doctors when he returns to major league camp today.
The Dodgers have to hope that even if it’s minor that it doesn’t cause Ramirez to miss time. As noted yesterday, it’s already been weeks since he’s played any shortstop, and if he’s expected to be the Dodgers’ Opening Day shortstop, he’s gonna need some reps.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 11
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)