Mar 20, 2013, 9:26 AM EDT
Dominican Republic third baseman — and Dodgers shortstop — Hanley Ramirez left in the sixth inning of last night’s WBC final after jamming his thumb while diving for a ball three innings earlier. Later reports indicated that it’s not serious, but he will be examined by Dodgers doctors when he returns to major league camp today.
The Dodgers have to hope that even if it’s minor that it doesn’t cause Ramirez to miss time. As noted yesterday, it’s already been weeks since he’s played any shortstop, and if he’s expected to be the Dodgers’ Opening Day shortstop, he’s gonna need some reps.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)