Mar 20, 2013, 9:26 AM EDT
Dominican Republic third baseman — and Dodgers shortstop — Hanley Ramirez left in the sixth inning of last night’s WBC final after jamming his thumb while diving for a ball three innings earlier. Later reports indicated that it’s not serious, but he will be examined by Dodgers doctors when he returns to major league camp today.
The Dodgers have to hope that even if it’s minor that it doesn’t cause Ramirez to miss time. As noted yesterday, it’s already been weeks since he’s played any shortstop, and if he’s expected to be the Dodgers’ Opening Day shortstop, he’s gonna need some reps.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17