Mar 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Last week there was some talk of John Danks beginning the season on the disabled list as he comes back from shoulder surgery and then yesterday the White Sox left-hander was knocked around for 10 runs in three innings against the Reds.
Through four spring training starts Danks has a 16.36 ERA and .443 opponents’ batting average, but said he’s “making strides” and “feeling better.” Chicago won’t need a fifth starter until April 13, which makes it even more likely they’ll take it slow with Danks.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (127)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)