Mar 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last week there was some talk of John Danks beginning the season on the disabled list as he comes back from shoulder surgery and then yesterday the White Sox left-hander was knocked around for 10 runs in three innings against the Reds.
Through four spring training starts Danks has a 16.36 ERA and .443 opponents’ batting average, but said he’s “making strides” and “feeling better.” Chicago won’t need a fifth starter until April 13, which makes it even more likely they’ll take it slow with Danks.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)