Mar 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last week there was some talk of John Danks beginning the season on the disabled list as he comes back from shoulder surgery and then yesterday the White Sox left-hander was knocked around for 10 runs in three innings against the Reds.
Through four spring training starts Danks has a 16.36 ERA and .443 opponents’ batting average, but said he’s “making strides” and “feeling better.” Chicago won’t need a fifth starter until April 13, which makes it even more likely they’ll take it slow with Danks.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 0
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 23
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 45
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)