Mar 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last week there was some talk of John Danks beginning the season on the disabled list as he comes back from shoulder surgery and then yesterday the White Sox left-hander was knocked around for 10 runs in three innings against the Reds.
Through four spring training starts Danks has a 16.36 ERA and .443 opponents’ batting average, but said he’s “making strides” and “feeling better.” Chicago won’t need a fifth starter until April 13, which makes it even more likely they’ll take it slow with Danks.
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 46
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 75
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)