Mar 20, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
It was kind of funny when that Hooters ballgirl the Phillies (or the ballpark, I’m not sure which) employ for their spring training games picked up a live ball and gave it to a fan last week. But this is a bit much:
Whether the point of the ballgirl/ballboy/ballwhoever is to keep foul balls from ricocheting back onto the field or into the stands or whether the point is for them to be eye candy, it seems that they should, at the very least, not endanger players going after batted balls. This one clearly doesn’t know what in the heck is going on on the field and she and everyone else is lucky that a Yankees player didn’t break their leg after she failed to get the hell out of the way.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)