Mar 20, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
It was kind of funny when that Hooters ballgirl the Phillies (or the ballpark, I’m not sure which) employ for their spring training games picked up a live ball and gave it to a fan last week. But this is a bit much:
Whether the point of the ballgirl/ballboy/ballwhoever is to keep foul balls from ricocheting back onto the field or into the stands or whether the point is for them to be eye candy, it seems that they should, at the very least, not endanger players going after batted balls. This one clearly doesn’t know what in the heck is going on on the field and she and everyone else is lucky that a Yankees player didn’t break their leg after she failed to get the hell out of the way.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)