Mar 20, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
Ruh-roh for the Angels:
— Alden Gonzalez (@Alden_Gonzalez) March 20, 2013
ESPN’s Jim Bowden says that Hanson “grabbed his shoulder.” It’s officially being called “triceps tightness.”
Not good. Especially given how poorly he’s pitched so far this spring and the injury issues which have dogged him the past couple of seasons.
UPDATE, 6:15 PM: According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, Hanson said after the game that he feels “fine.” There is no MRI scheduled and the 26-year-old righty expects to make his next Cactus League start.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 70
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)