Mar 20, 2013, 5:43 PM EST
Ruh-roh for the Angels:
— Alden Gonzalez (@Alden_Gonzalez) March 20, 2013
ESPN’s Jim Bowden says that Hanson “grabbed his shoulder.” It’s officially being called “triceps tightness.”
Not good. Especially given how poorly he’s pitched so far this spring and the injury issues which have dogged him the past couple of seasons.
UPDATE, 6:15 PM: According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, Hanson said after the game that he feels “fine.” There is no MRI scheduled and the 26-year-old righty expects to make his next Cactus League start.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)