Mar 21, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
He’s already got millions of bucks, will make millions more, owns a city and will soon be the biggest star in baseball if he’s not already. But now Bryce Harper is taking things to another level:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) March 19, 2013
Actually, as Mike Oz of Big League Stew determined, it’s really just free burritos for a year, but still. That’s not friggin’ bad. Seems it’s part of some “celebrity program” they have. Which, I imagine, is all about maximizing the chances of celebrities like Harper being photographed carrying Chipotle bags down the sidewalk by paparazzi which equals free advertising for the restaurant.
But really, if Chipotle actually hired these people to be their spokespeople, I’m guessing a good 75% of them would do it in exchange for free burritos anyway, so it’s all good.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 134
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (142)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)