Mar 21, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
He’s already got millions of bucks, will make millions more, owns a city and will soon be the biggest star in baseball if he’s not already. But now Bryce Harper is taking things to another level:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) March 19, 2013
Actually, as Mike Oz of Big League Stew determined, it’s really just free burritos for a year, but still. That’s not friggin’ bad. Seems it’s part of some “celebrity program” they have. Which, I imagine, is all about maximizing the chances of celebrities like Harper being photographed carrying Chipotle bags down the sidewalk by paparazzi which equals free advertising for the restaurant.
But really, if Chipotle actually hired these people to be their spokespeople, I’m guessing a good 75% of them would do it in exchange for free burritos anyway, so it’s all good.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 29
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)