Mar 21, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Brian Cashman said today that Derek Jeter will play only in minor league spring training games for the rest of spring training. The move is strategic: by not playing in major league exhibitions, the Yankees can put Jeter on the disabled list retroactive to now in the event he has to begin the regular season on the DL. If he played in major league spring training games his DL time could only be counted retroactive to those.
As it stands, Jeter missed his third straight exhibition game today due to inflammation in his surgically repaired left ankle. He got a cortisone shot yesterday.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (88)