Mar 21, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
When Fernando Rodney locked down the WBC semifinal game on Monday night he credited his lucky plantain which, it was reported, came in on an airplane from the Dominican Republic hours before the game. DO NOT BELIEVE FERNANDO RODNEY’S LIES:
also a twist to “magic plantain” story – #Rays Rodney says he got it from a fan/friend in stands in SF before game, wasn’t flown in from DR
— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) March 21, 2013
Also: Topkin reports that Rodney will not have plantains with him during the regular season. They’re “WBC Plantains,” Rodney says. So, there’s that.
Meanwhile, Jon Paul Morosi is busy typing a column about how major league baseball pales in comparison thanks to the lack of plantains. Colin Cowherd says that Rodney tries much harder with his fruit during the WBC than he does for the Rays.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)