Mar 21, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
No big surprise, but the Indians have sent top prospect Trevor Bauer to Triple-A after he was in the mix for the final rotation spot.
Cleveland previously reassigned Daisuke Matsuzaka to minor-league camp, taking him out of the rotation mix, but fellow reclamation projection Scott Kazmir remains in the running along with Carlos Carrasco.
Bauer was acquired from the Diamondbacks in the big swap that saw Shin-Soo Choo leave Cleveland and has No. 1 starter upside if he can consistently throw strikes, but at age 22 and with just 14 starts at Triple-A he was a longshot to make the Opening Day roster.
Letting him dominate for a month or two in the International League before a call-up is certainly a reasonable idea. Plus, it potentially gives our own Craig Calcaterra a chance to make the trek to Columbus to see Bauer pitch and, more importantly, perhaps talk him into a rap battle or at least a nice lunch date.
Nov 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Lucas gets an invitation to spring training after hitting .255 with five homers and a .624 OPS in 163 games for the Marlins.
Nov 24, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
A huge day for the Red Sox starts out with a Panda.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Baltimore acquired Miller from Boston on July 31 and he pitched brilliantly down the stretch and into the playoffs.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Both will be 38 in the 2015 season.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
No token votes for these guys.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
The parts match up.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez is a $20 million+ man.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:19 PM EST
He played 11 seasons in the majors for the Marlins, Twins, Nationals, A’s, and Royals.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
The Giants share is a record high.
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Presley has been the Orioles’ hitting coach since 2011.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson should be shoe-ins. But which newbies — and which holdovers — also have a shot?
Nov 24, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Allen was the Triple-A pitching coach for the Rays from 2007-2014.
Nov 24, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
I assume it will only be a matter of time.
Nov 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Perhaps not as weird as it may seem.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
One person says so.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
It’s easy to say “it didn’t work before, so it won’t work this time,” but doing so is to misread the current situation with the Boston Red Sox.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:41 PM EST
The Red Sox and Hanley Ramirez will finalize a deal on Monday in the range of five years and $90 million, according to Ken Rosenthal.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 112
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 19
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 208
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (212)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)