Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
There is a sense out there that the reason why Kyle Lohse hasn’t found a job yet is because of the draft pick compensation hanging around his neck. In keeping with that, there are some who speculate that Lohse may wait until after the June draft to sign, thereby eliminating that compensation and giving him more options.
Not so says Scott Boras:
Scott Boras insists Kyle Lohse isn’t holding on past the draft. “We have too many teams in play,” Boras says.
— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) March 21, 2013
Lohse, who is 34, posted a 2.86 ERA in 33 starts last season for the Cardinals. There are some, however, who feel that was flukey and that he’d have particular problems returning to the American League. If Boras is right, we’ll know soon enough.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)