Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
There is a sense out there that the reason why Kyle Lohse hasn’t found a job yet is because of the draft pick compensation hanging around his neck. In keeping with that, there are some who speculate that Lohse may wait until after the June draft to sign, thereby eliminating that compensation and giving him more options.
Not so says Scott Boras:
Scott Boras insists Kyle Lohse isn’t holding on past the draft. “We have too many teams in play,” Boras says.
— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) March 21, 2013
Lohse, who is 34, posted a 2.86 ERA in 33 starts last season for the Cardinals. There are some, however, who feel that was flukey and that he’d have particular problems returning to the American League. If Boras is right, we’ll know soon enough.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 34
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 12
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 65
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games