Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
There is a sense out there that the reason why Kyle Lohse hasn’t found a job yet is because of the draft pick compensation hanging around his neck. In keeping with that, there are some who speculate that Lohse may wait until after the June draft to sign, thereby eliminating that compensation and giving him more options.
Not so says Scott Boras:
Scott Boras insists Kyle Lohse isn’t holding on past the draft. “We have too many teams in play,” Boras says.
— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) March 21, 2013
Lohse, who is 34, posted a 2.86 ERA in 33 starts last season for the Cardinals. There are some, however, who feel that was flukey and that he’d have particular problems returning to the American League. If Boras is right, we’ll know soon enough.
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 0
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 63
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)