Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
There is a sense out there that the reason why Kyle Lohse hasn’t found a job yet is because of the draft pick compensation hanging around his neck. In keeping with that, there are some who speculate that Lohse may wait until after the June draft to sign, thereby eliminating that compensation and giving him more options.
Not so says Scott Boras:
Scott Boras insists Kyle Lohse isn’t holding on past the draft. “We have too many teams in play,” Boras says.
— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) March 21, 2013
Lohse, who is 34, posted a 2.86 ERA in 33 starts last season for the Cardinals. There are some, however, who feel that was flukey and that he’d have particular problems returning to the American League. If Boras is right, we’ll know soon enough.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)