Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
There is a sense out there that the reason why Kyle Lohse hasn’t found a job yet is because of the draft pick compensation hanging around his neck. In keeping with that, there are some who speculate that Lohse may wait until after the June draft to sign, thereby eliminating that compensation and giving him more options.
Not so says Scott Boras:
Scott Boras insists Kyle Lohse isn’t holding on past the draft. “We have too many teams in play,” Boras says.
— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) March 21, 2013
Lohse, who is 34, posted a 2.86 ERA in 33 starts last season for the Cardinals. There are some, however, who feel that was flukey and that he’d have particular problems returning to the American League. If Boras is right, we’ll know soon enough.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)