Mar 21, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Twenty years ago, Cleveland Indians pitchers Steve Olin and Tim Crews were tragically killed in a boating accident on Little Lake Nellie in Clermont, Florida during Spring Training. Bob Ojeda was seriously injured in the accident as well.
Today MLB.com’s Anthony Castrovince has a story about how the families of Crews and Olin have coped with it over these past two decades. He catches up with their widows, Patti and Laurie, their children, all they have gone through and all that they missed.
It’s tough stuff — Castrovince’s choice to style it as an open letter to Crews and Olin make it hard going at times — but it’s good stuff too.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final