Mar 21, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Twenty years ago, Cleveland Indians pitchers Steve Olin and Tim Crews were tragically killed in a boating accident on Little Lake Nellie in Clermont, Florida during Spring Training. Bob Ojeda was seriously injured in the accident as well.
Today MLB.com’s Anthony Castrovince has a story about how the families of Crews and Olin have coped with it over these past two decades. He catches up with their widows, Patti and Laurie, their children, all they have gone through and all that they missed.
It’s tough stuff — Castrovince’s choice to style it as an open letter to Crews and Olin make it hard going at times — but it’s good stuff too.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 4
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 18
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 8
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)