Mar 21, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Stephen Drew has been sidelined by post-concussion symptoms since March 7, but the Red Sox shortstop has been cleared to resume baseball activities after being examined by a specialist in Pittsburgh.
There’s no timetable for his return to game action and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that once Drew does resume playing in games it’ll be on the minor-league side of camp so the Red Sox can potentially backdate a season-opening disabled list stint. If he were to play in a major-league spring game a DL stint could only be backdated to that point.
So good news overall for Drew, but his status for Opening Day remains in doubt and Jose Iglesias will probably be breaking camp with the Red Sox.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot