Mar 22, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
Bad news for the Diamondbacks:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 22, 2013
Eaton left Monday’s game early after a hard slide into third, but it was said that he was removed simply because Kirk Gibson was giving him the rest of the day off. No word yet on when this injury actually took place.
Eaton, who has been much-hyped, and for good reason, since his callup late last year, is talking positively, but this is a blow. He was to be the Dbacks’ spark plug center fielder, but now, between this and Cody Ross‘ recent injury, it looks like Arizona is going to have an Opening Day outfield which consists of Kubel, A.J. Pollock and Gerardo Parra.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 5
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (177)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)