Mar 22, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
Bad news for the Diamondbacks:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 22, 2013
Eaton left Monday’s game early after a hard slide into third, but it was said that he was removed simply because Kirk Gibson was giving him the rest of the day off. No word yet on when this injury actually took place.
Eaton, who has been much-hyped, and for good reason, since his callup late last year, is talking positively, but this is a blow. He was to be the Dbacks’ spark plug center fielder, but now, between this and Cody Ross‘ recent injury, it looks like Arizona is going to have an Opening Day outfield which consists of Kubel, A.J. Pollock and Gerardo Parra.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40