Mar 22, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
Bad news for the Diamondbacks:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 22, 2013
Eaton left Monday’s game early after a hard slide into third, but it was said that he was removed simply because Kirk Gibson was giving him the rest of the day off. No word yet on when this injury actually took place.
Eaton, who has been much-hyped, and for good reason, since his callup late last year, is talking positively, but this is a blow. He was to be the Dbacks’ spark plug center fielder, but now, between this and Cody Ross‘ recent injury, it looks like Arizona is going to have an Opening Day outfield which consists of Kubel, A.J. Pollock and Gerardo Parra.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)