Mar 22, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
Bad news for the Diamondbacks:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 22, 2013
Eaton left Monday’s game early after a hard slide into third, but it was said that he was removed simply because Kirk Gibson was giving him the rest of the day off. No word yet on when this injury actually took place.
Eaton, who has been much-hyped, and for good reason, since his callup late last year, is talking positively, but this is a blow. He was to be the Dbacks’ spark plug center fielder, but now, between this and Cody Ross‘ recent injury, it looks like Arizona is going to have an Opening Day outfield which consists of Kubel, A.J. Pollock and Gerardo Parra.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)