Mar 22, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Bill Hall’s attempt to win a spot on the Angels’ bench was limited by a strained calf muscle and today they released the veteran infielder.
Hall should be able to find a Triple-A gig somewhere and possibly make it back to the majors based on his defensive versatility, but at age 34 he’s definitely finished as a regular.
He barely played in the big leagues last season and hit just .211 with a .575 OPS in 62 games for the Astros and Giants in 2011.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)