Mar 22, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Bill Hall’s attempt to win a spot on the Angels’ bench was limited by a strained calf muscle and today they released the veteran infielder.
Hall should be able to find a Triple-A gig somewhere and possibly make it back to the majors based on his defensive versatility, but at age 34 he’s definitely finished as a regular.
He barely played in the big leagues last season and hit just .211 with a .575 OPS in 62 games for the Astros and Giants in 2011.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)