Mar 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Romero is 36 years old and allowed 13 runs in 12 innings for the Orioles and Cardinals last season. Overall since 2009 he’s thrown 90 total innings in the majors while allowing 161 baserunners, with 60 walks and 65 strikeouts.
Romero has bounced around an incredible amount during the past few years, pitching for four different teams in the majors and a handful of teams at Triple-A. In fact, in 2011 he signed a minor-league deal with the Nationals, pitched briefly at Triple-A, and was released.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 2
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)