Mar 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Romero is 36 years old and allowed 13 runs in 12 innings for the Orioles and Cardinals last season. Overall since 2009 he’s thrown 90 total innings in the majors while allowing 161 baserunners, with 60 walks and 65 strikeouts.
Romero has bounced around an incredible amount during the past few years, pitching for four different teams in the majors and a handful of teams at Triple-A. In fact, in 2011 he signed a minor-league deal with the Nationals, pitched briefly at Triple-A, and was released.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)