Mar 22, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Editor to reporter: “This is baloney! ‘Yankees player injured’ is dog-bites-man stuff! Give me some NEWS!” [chomps cigar, thinks about how to discredit Spiderman]
Phil Hughes, who will pitch in a Minor League game today, seems likely to begin the year on the DL. Girardi wouldn’t commit to it, though.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) March 22, 2013
Hughes, as has been noted, was diagnosed with a bulging disk in his upper back not long after arriving to spring training. With his recovery slow, it’s going to give Ivan Nova and David Phelps opportunities and could cause the Yankees to sign Chien-Ming Wang to a contract.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)