Mar 22, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Editor to reporter: “This is baloney! ‘Yankees player injured’ is dog-bites-man stuff! Give me some NEWS!” [chomps cigar, thinks about how to discredit Spiderman]
Phil Hughes, who will pitch in a Minor League game today, seems likely to begin the year on the DL. Girardi wouldn’t commit to it, though.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) March 22, 2013
Hughes, as has been noted, was diagnosed with a bulging disk in his upper back not long after arriving to spring training. With his recovery slow, it’s going to give Ivan Nova and David Phelps opportunities and could cause the Yankees to sign Chien-Ming Wang to a contract.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 34
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'