Mar 22, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Editor to reporter: “This is baloney! ‘Yankees player injured’ is dog-bites-man stuff! Give me some NEWS!” [chomps cigar, thinks about how to discredit Spiderman]
Phil Hughes, who will pitch in a Minor League game today, seems likely to begin the year on the DL. Girardi wouldn’t commit to it, though.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) March 22, 2013
Hughes, as has been noted, was diagnosed with a bulging disk in his upper back not long after arriving to spring training. With his recovery slow, it’s going to give Ivan Nova and David Phelps opportunities and could cause the Yankees to sign Chien-Ming Wang to a contract.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 6
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 50
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 86
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (86)