Mar 22, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tateyama has an ugly 5.75 ERA in 61 innings for the Rangers, but that comes with an excellent 61/17 K/BB ratio and he also has a 1.48 ERA and 71/11 K/BB ratio in 60 innings at Triple-A.
At age 37 there isn’t a whole lot of upside to be had with Tateyama, but he could probably help some teams as a middle reliever.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- The Lester trade is a win-win 91
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 148
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (147)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (120)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)