Mar 22, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tateyama has an ugly 5.75 ERA in 61 innings for the Rangers, but that comes with an excellent 61/17 K/BB ratio and he also has a 1.48 ERA and 71/11 K/BB ratio in 60 innings at Triple-A.
At age 37 there isn’t a whole lot of upside to be had with Tateyama, but he could probably help some teams as a middle reliever.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)