Mar 22, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tateyama has an ugly 5.75 ERA in 61 innings for the Rangers, but that comes with an excellent 61/17 K/BB ratio and he also has a 1.48 ERA and 71/11 K/BB ratio in 60 innings at Triple-A.
At age 37 there isn’t a whole lot of upside to be had with Tateyama, but he could probably help some teams as a middle reliever.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 9
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 23
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 14
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)