Mar 22, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tateyama has an ugly 5.75 ERA in 61 innings for the Rangers, but that comes with an excellent 61/17 K/BB ratio and he also has a 1.48 ERA and 71/11 K/BB ratio in 60 innings at Triple-A.
At age 37 there isn’t a whole lot of upside to be had with Tateyama, but he could probably help some teams as a middle reliever.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)