Mar 22, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
Chavez had a nice season for the Rangers in 2011, but hit just .203 with a .515 OPS in 64 games for the Orioles last year and was even worse during a brief stint at Triple-A.
This could be the end of the line for Chavez, who managed to carve out an 11-year career and quite a few memorable moments for a guy with a sub-.700 OPS.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27