Mar 22, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
Scott Boras is the absolute best because when you need him at, say, an 8, he always goes to 14. Today he talks to Bob Nightengale about the dilemma Kyle Lohse is in right now, and how the changes to the draft pick compensation and free agency systems have led to perverse incentives. But rather than say something along those lines, he puts it thusly:
Now, you’ve taken away the structure of the scouting and developing. They have stolen our youth. They have kidnapped our children in this system.”
Look, life sucks for Kyle Lohse right now, but isn’t that a bit … dramatic? Scott Boras: the Morrissey of sports agents.
But he’s not all fretting. He actually argues in the article that Lohse has everyone right where he wants them. Which is another awesome thing about Boras. Dude just never, ever admits that things are bad.
Of course, he has a long track record of things turning out much better for him and his clients than most of us expect, so who knows?
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)