Mar 22, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
That conflict in which the Baltimore Ravens wanted to open up at home on September 5 but couldn’t because the Orioles and White Sox were playing that same night? The NFL caved:
The #Ravens are going to open the 2013 season on the road on Thursday, Sept. 5 because of a scheduling conflict with the Orioles.
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) March 22, 2013
Man, Roger Goodell loses another high-profile showdown. Someone check on Michael Silver, will ya? Based on what he wrote on Tuesday, I feel like he’s watching his dad get beat up or something.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)