Mar 24, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
According to Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle, the Astros have informed shortstop Tyler Greene that he will not make the 25-man roster. He is out of options, so they’re looking to trade him. If they can’t pull that off, he will probably be released.
Greene batted .323/.422/.579 with 14 home runs and 19 stolen bases over 66 games in 2011 at the Triple-A level and has shown flashes of great potential at other rungs of the minor leagues. But the 29-year-old former first-round pick hasn’t done anything in the bigs.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17