Mar 24, 2013, 4:26 PM EST
Lowe allowed five runs — four earned — in 8 2/3 innings this spring with the Dodgers, walking three batters and striking out six. He signed a minor league contract with a spring training invite in early February. It would have paid him a nice $1.5 million salary had he cracked the Opening Day roster.
The 29-year-old posted a solid 3.43 ERA and 1.22 WHIP across 39 1/3 innings last season out of the Rangers’ bullpen. He shouldn’t be out of work long.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27