Mar 24, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Lowe allowed five runs — four earned — in 8 2/3 innings this spring with the Dodgers, walking three batters and striking out six. He signed a minor league contract with a spring training invite in early February. It would have paid him a nice $1.5 million salary had he cracked the Opening Day roster.
The 29-year-old posted a solid 3.43 ERA and 1.22 WHIP across 39 1/3 innings last season out of the Rangers’ bullpen. He shouldn’t be out of work long.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)