Mar 24, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Lowe allowed five runs — four earned — in 8 2/3 innings this spring with the Dodgers, walking three batters and striking out six. He signed a minor league contract with a spring training invite in early February. It would have paid him a nice $1.5 million salary had he cracked the Opening Day roster.
The 29-year-old posted a solid 3.43 ERA and 1.22 WHIP across 39 1/3 innings last season out of the Rangers’ bullpen. He shouldn’t be out of work long.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20