Mar 24, 2013, 4:26 PM EST
Lowe allowed five runs — four earned — in 8 2/3 innings this spring with the Dodgers, walking three batters and striking out six. He signed a minor league contract with a spring training invite in early February. It would have paid him a nice $1.5 million salary had he cracked the Opening Day roster.
The 29-year-old posted a solid 3.43 ERA and 1.22 WHIP across 39 1/3 innings last season out of the Rangers’ bullpen. He shouldn’t be out of work long.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)