Mar 24, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Lowe allowed five runs — four earned — in 8 2/3 innings this spring with the Dodgers, walking three batters and striking out six. He signed a minor league contract with a spring training invite in early February. It would have paid him a nice $1.5 million salary had he cracked the Opening Day roster.
The 29-year-old posted a solid 3.43 ERA and 1.22 WHIP across 39 1/3 innings last season out of the Rangers’ bullpen. He shouldn’t be out of work long.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)