Mar 24, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Rangers are leaning heavily on keeping Leury Garcia as their utility infielder so that Profar can play every day at Triple-A Round Rock. The Rangers are going to do that even though Profar has exceeded expectations this spring.
Profar drew one walk and otherwise went hitless in four plate appearances for the Netherlands in the World Baseball Classic. He had posted an .820 OPS with Double-A Frisco prior to being promoted to the big leagues in September, where he made 17 trips to the plate.
- Report: Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 15
- The Matt Kemp trade is expected to go down as planned 3
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 75
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)