Mar 24, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Rangers are leaning heavily on keeping Leury Garcia as their utility infielder so that Profar can play every day at Triple-A Round Rock. The Rangers are going to do that even though Profar has exceeded expectations this spring.
Profar drew one walk and otherwise went hitless in four plate appearances for the Netherlands in the World Baseball Classic. He had posted an .820 OPS with Double-A Frisco prior to being promoted to the big leagues in September, where he made 17 trips to the plate.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 13
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)