Mar 24, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reported last week that free agent Kyle Lohse was asking for a three-year, $45 million contract as recently as early March. And that asking price apparently hasn’t dipped much:
Club officials say Scott Boras continues to ask for $14 million-$15 million a year from those interested in FA pitcher Kyle Lohse.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) March 24, 2013
The main reason Lohse hasn’t found a home yet is because signing him requires the forfeiture of a top draft pick, but the asking price has surely played a significant role. With only one week to go until the first pitch of the regular season, Boras may have to get creative. The Rangers, Brewers, Angels and Rockies have all been linked to the 34-year-old Lohse this offseason, but there has been no serious movement toward a deal.
Lohse posted a 2.86 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 211 innings (33 starts) last season for the Cardinals.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)