Mar 25, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Lawrie suffered a strained rib cage in one of Team Canada’s exhibition games before the WBC tournament and initially hoped to miss just two weeks, saying the injury wasn’t as bad as a similar injury last season.
Instead he’s been out for three weeks and Maicer Izturis will fill in at third base for Toronto.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86