Mar 25, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Bedard, who stayed in shape this winter by playing catch with his brother in a heated garage, signed a minor-league deal with Houston in mid-January after spending last season in Pittsburgh.
He had an ugly 5.01 ERA in 24 starts, but Bedard had 118 strikeouts in 126 innings and still has the potential to be a solid mid-rotation starter for however long he can stay healthy.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)