Mar 25, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Bedard, who stayed in shape this winter by playing catch with his brother in a heated garage, signed a minor-league deal with Houston in mid-January after spending last season in Pittsburgh.
He had an ugly 5.01 ERA in 24 starts, but Bedard had 118 strikeouts in 126 innings and still has the potential to be a solid mid-rotation starter for however long he can stay healthy.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 47
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)