Mar 25, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Jeff Karstens was scratched from yesterday’s scheduled start with a sore shoulder and Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports that he’ll “likely will start the season on the disabled list.”
Karstens first complained of shoulder pain in mid-February and “felt like he couldn’t pitch” yesterday, according to general manager Neal Huntington.
He was slated to be the Pirates’ fourth starter after being non-tendered in November and re-signing in January for $2.5 million.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)