Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Nightengale says it’s three years, $33 million.
UPDATE: No official word on the contract yet but Tom Haurdricourt is hearing three years, $30 million. Which isn’t terrible for a guy like Lohse, methinks. Although giving up the draft pick to a division rival makes this a lot harder to take.
12:30 PM: I guess that “will pitch for food” Kyle Lohse has been carrying around Phoenix for the past couple of weeks has finally paid off: Jon Heyman reports that Lohse is going to sign with the Brewers.
It’s a good match, even if Milwaukee has to give up its first round pick — the 17th overall pick — this June. The Brewers rotation is shaky on paper and has been even more shaky than that during spring training.
Lohse is coming off a 16-3, 2.86 ERA in 33 starts with St. Louis. Many worried about how that would translate in the American League or in a tougher division. Now he doesn’t have to worry about either of those.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)