Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Nightengale says it’s three years, $33 million.
UPDATE: No official word on the contract yet but Tom Haurdricourt is hearing three years, $30 million. Which isn’t terrible for a guy like Lohse, methinks. Although giving up the draft pick to a division rival makes this a lot harder to take.
12:30 PM: I guess that “will pitch for food” Kyle Lohse has been carrying around Phoenix for the past couple of weeks has finally paid off: Jon Heyman reports that Lohse is going to sign with the Brewers.
It’s a good match, even if Milwaukee has to give up its first round pick — the 17th overall pick — this June. The Brewers rotation is shaky on paper and has been even more shaky than that during spring training.
Lohse is coming off a 16-3, 2.86 ERA in 33 starts with St. Louis. Many worried about how that would translate in the American League or in a tougher division. Now he doesn’t have to worry about either of those.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)