Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
UPDATE: Nightengale says it’s three years, $33 million.
UPDATE: No official word on the contract yet but Tom Haurdricourt is hearing three years, $30 million. Which isn’t terrible for a guy like Lohse, methinks. Although giving up the draft pick to a division rival makes this a lot harder to take.
12:30 PM: I guess that “will pitch for food” Kyle Lohse has been carrying around Phoenix for the past couple of weeks has finally paid off: Jon Heyman reports that Lohse is going to sign with the Brewers.
It’s a good match, even if Milwaukee has to give up its first round pick — the 17th overall pick — this June. The Brewers rotation is shaky on paper and has been even more shaky than that during spring training.
Lohse is coming off a 16-3, 2.86 ERA in 33 starts with St. Louis. Many worried about how that would translate in the American League or in a tougher division. Now he doesn’t have to worry about either of those.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)