Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Nightengale says it’s three years, $33 million.
UPDATE: No official word on the contract yet but Tom Haurdricourt is hearing three years, $30 million. Which isn’t terrible for a guy like Lohse, methinks. Although giving up the draft pick to a division rival makes this a lot harder to take.
12:30 PM: I guess that “will pitch for food” Kyle Lohse has been carrying around Phoenix for the past couple of weeks has finally paid off: Jon Heyman reports that Lohse is going to sign with the Brewers.
It’s a good match, even if Milwaukee has to give up its first round pick — the 17th overall pick — this June. The Brewers rotation is shaky on paper and has been even more shaky than that during spring training.
Lohse is coming off a 16-3, 2.86 ERA in 33 starts with St. Louis. Many worried about how that would translate in the American League or in a tougher division. Now he doesn’t have to worry about either of those.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 3
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)