Man who compared Oliver Perez to Sandy Koufax says Jose Valverde has lost 18 pounds, is hitting 95 in bullpen sessions
Mar 25, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Boras expects to find new teams for Valverde, K-Rod soon. Says Valverde has lost 18 pounds and is throwing 93 to 95 mph in bullpen sessions.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 25, 2013
OK, dubious headline aside (though Boras is known for crazy hyperbole), I suppose I could see Valverde hiting 95 on the radar gun. The problem all last season, though, was that his fastball was as straight as an arrow, not that it was too slow. I’d be curious to see those fastballs is what I’m saying.
As for the 18 pounds: if so, I’ll put him in the BSOHL column.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 22
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)