Man who compared Oliver Perez to Sandy Koufax says Jose Valverde has lost 18 pounds, is hitting 95 in bullpen sessions
Mar 25, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
Boras expects to find new teams for Valverde, K-Rod soon. Says Valverde has lost 18 pounds and is throwing 93 to 95 mph in bullpen sessions.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 25, 2013
OK, dubious headline aside (though Boras is known for crazy hyperbole), I suppose I could see Valverde hiting 95 on the radar gun. The problem all last season, though, was that his fastball was as straight as an arrow, not that it was too slow. I’d be curious to see those fastballs is what I’m saying.
As for the 18 pounds: if so, I’ll put him in the BSOHL column.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27