Man who compared Oliver Perez to Sandy Koufax says Jose Valverde has lost 18 pounds, is hitting 95 in bullpen sessions
Mar 25, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Boras expects to find new teams for Valverde, K-Rod soon. Says Valverde has lost 18 pounds and is throwing 93 to 95 mph in bullpen sessions.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 25, 2013
OK, dubious headline aside (though Boras is known for crazy hyperbole), I suppose I could see Valverde hiting 95 on the radar gun. The problem all last season, though, was that his fastball was as straight as an arrow, not that it was too slow. I’d be curious to see those fastballs is what I’m saying.
As for the 18 pounds: if so, I’ll put him in the BSOHL column.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)