Man who compared Oliver Perez to Sandy Koufax says Jose Valverde has lost 18 pounds, is hitting 95 in bullpen sessions
Mar 25, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Boras expects to find new teams for Valverde, K-Rod soon. Says Valverde has lost 18 pounds and is throwing 93 to 95 mph in bullpen sessions.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 25, 2013
OK, dubious headline aside (though Boras is known for crazy hyperbole), I suppose I could see Valverde hiting 95 on the radar gun. The problem all last season, though, was that his fastball was as straight as an arrow, not that it was too slow. I’d be curious to see those fastballs is what I’m saying.
As for the 18 pounds: if so, I’ll put him in the BSOHL column.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)