Man who compared Oliver Perez to Sandy Koufax says Jose Valverde has lost 18 pounds, is hitting 95 in bullpen sessions
Mar 25, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Boras expects to find new teams for Valverde, K-Rod soon. Says Valverde has lost 18 pounds and is throwing 93 to 95 mph in bullpen sessions.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 25, 2013
OK, dubious headline aside (though Boras is known for crazy hyperbole), I suppose I could see Valverde hiting 95 on the radar gun. The problem all last season, though, was that his fastball was as straight as an arrow, not that it was too slow. I’d be curious to see those fastballs is what I’m saying.
As for the 18 pounds: if so, I’ll put him in the BSOHL column.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (165)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (134)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)