Mar 25, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
d’Arnaud is considered the best catching prospect in baseball and hit .333 with 16 homers and a .975 OPS in 67 games at Triple-A last season, so he figures to destroy Pacific Coast League pitching again and perhaps force his way into the Mets’ plans.
For now John Buck is the Mets’s starter behind the plate, but he won’t present much of a roadblock for d’Arnaud once they decide he’s ready (and/or his service time has been sufficiently delayed).
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)