Mar 25, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
d’Arnaud is considered the best catching prospect in baseball and hit .333 with 16 homers and a .975 OPS in 67 games at Triple-A last season, so he figures to destroy Pacific Coast League pitching again and perhaps force his way into the Mets’ plans.
For now John Buck is the Mets’s starter behind the plate, but he won’t present much of a roadblock for d’Arnaud once they decide he’s ready (and/or his service time has been sufficiently delayed).
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)