Mar 25, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
d’Arnaud is considered the best catching prospect in baseball and hit .333 with 16 homers and a .975 OPS in 67 games at Triple-A last season, so he figures to destroy Pacific Coast League pitching again and perhaps force his way into the Mets’ plans.
For now John Buck is the Mets’s starter behind the plate, but he won’t present much of a roadblock for d’Arnaud once they decide he’s ready (and/or his service time has been sufficiently delayed).
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)