Mar 25, 2013, 8:32 PM EST
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Sandoval felt much better today and will attempt to throw again in a couple of days. While he’ll have to make quick progress, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said that the third baseman is “determined” to be in the starting lineup when the Giants begin their season against the Dodgers one week from today.
Sandoval hasn’t appeared in a Cactus League game since March 16 due to a bone spur and an irritated ulnar nerve in his elbow. If he needs more time to get ready for the season, the Giants would go with Joaquin Arias to fill in at third base.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (181)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)