Mar 25, 2013, 8:32 PM EDT
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Sandoval felt much better today and will attempt to throw again in a couple of days. While he’ll have to make quick progress, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said that the third baseman is “determined” to be in the starting lineup when the Giants begin their season against the Dodgers one week from today.
Sandoval hasn’t appeared in a Cactus League game since March 16 due to a bone spur and an irritated ulnar nerve in his elbow. If he needs more time to get ready for the season, the Giants would go with Joaquin Arias to fill in at third base.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)