Mar 25, 2013, 8:32 PM EDT
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Sandoval felt much better today and will attempt to throw again in a couple of days. While he’ll have to make quick progress, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said that the third baseman is “determined” to be in the starting lineup when the Giants begin their season against the Dodgers one week from today.
Sandoval hasn’t appeared in a Cactus League game since March 16 due to a bone spur and an irritated ulnar nerve in his elbow. If he needs more time to get ready for the season, the Giants would go with Joaquin Arias to fill in at third base.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 4
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 49
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 39
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)