Mar 25, 2013, 8:32 PM EDT
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Sandoval felt much better today and will attempt to throw again in a couple of days. While he’ll have to make quick progress, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said that the third baseman is “determined” to be in the starting lineup when the Giants begin their season against the Dodgers one week from today.
Sandoval hasn’t appeared in a Cactus League game since March 16 due to a bone spur and an irritated ulnar nerve in his elbow. If he needs more time to get ready for the season, the Giants would go with Joaquin Arias to fill in at third base.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)